Special Events and Places 2014
One of my favorite aspects of NH is its 'Americana' such as ice cream stands, drive-ins, and diners!
Some of the events listed on this page repeat weekly and some are links to information about a range of activities offered.
While this is by no means an exhaustive list of things available to do in NH, it will point you to some interesting activities which are updated each year as needed.
If you have a special event you would like to add to the calendar or special place whose website you think would be appropriate for this page,
please email jane at this domain to have it added.
As you can see that there are plenty of things to do in NH for families, groups, and couples.
- The New Hampshire Maple Festival is a yearly event held in various places by different maple syruping operations on a succession of weekends sometime after the middle of March.
Come have fun during Maple Sugaring Time 2014 by County in New Hampshire!
- The NH Sheep and Wool Festival 2014 will be held in Hopkinton on
May 10-11, 2014. If you like Border Collies, this is the event for you.
- Canoe and Kayak the Merrimack River! Edgewater Canoe and Kayak Rental on 35 Edgewater Drive in Hooksett, NH
(485-9251 and 540-6520) is one of many places you can obtain a rental if you don't own a boat.
- See Spectacular Fireworks
every Wednesday Night and Holidays at Hampton Beach, NH starting May 25th, 2014 - September 6, 2014.
- Charmingfare Farm in Candia, NH offers guided horseback trailrides for a very reasonable price. All levels of riding ability are encouraged to come enjoy this experience.
Once in the forest riders have spotted native coyotes, fox and wild turkeys; some guests have even been fortunate enough to see a moose. Be sure to bring a camera.
Contact Benjamin at (603) 483-5623 or email Allison for more details and visit their website for more information such as clothing requirements.
- CNHT Reunion Picnic and
Taxpayer Fair in Hillsborough NH - July 5, 2014 - This is THE place to be for politicians, especially in any election year!
Come meet the candidates for 2014. Come meet other 'tea party' goers. Come see 30 groups and get active!
- Mount Washington Cruises of Weirs Beach, NH offers many types of cruises for families, singles groups, and
couples aboard the MS Mount Washington on beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee.
- The Casino Ballroom at Hampton Beach, NH offers concerts with famous rock bands all summer long.
- Captain Morrill's Company does authentic reenactments of colonial militias. See the Local Color link.
- The New Hampshire Motor Speedway is located in
Loudon, NH and is where there is lots of NASCAR racing action in the summer and fall. Email Jane at this domain for how you can get to see the Nextel Cup for FREE!
- Living in the city and looking for homemade-style ice cream on a hot summer's night? Discover the Puritan in Manchester, NH.
- Enjoy a fling from the past with a night at the Milford Drive-In
which is just a few minutes from Nashua, N.H. Cost is always $25 a carload and they are open 7 nights a week until Labor Day.
- Think "Happy Days" in New Hampshire! For a taste of the good old days, enjoy summer "Cruiser Nights"
at The Tilt'n Diner in Tilton, NH where you can check out some mighty
cool cars from the 50's and 60's.
- If you are somewhat of a performer, join us at one of the many Open Mics venues throughout NH.
- A great place to eat after a night of partying at the local taverns is Manchester NH's Red Arrow Diner.
- Another great place to eat and socialize is Manchester NH's Murphy's Taproom.
- The Verizon Center is located in Manchester, NH and offers many rock concerts and other entertainment events.
- If you are into country taverns and casual elegance Bedford NH's Bedford Village Inn is a great place to stop in for lunch, drinks, or an elegant 'first date' dinner.
Back to Top